Welcome to the Maxima Wiki!
You can contribute to this wiki. Let’s use this wiki for topics which are not covered elsewhere. Short, focused expositions on narrow topics are especially suitable. Development of design proposals are great too.
Maxima help topics
- If you have questions, please post them on the Maxima mailing list. Bear in mind that the Maxima forums at the SourceForge web site see very little traffic.
- The Maxima documents page has the Maxima reference manual and several tutorial documents.
- Here is the Maxima FAQ.
- Some additional FAQ-ish material is here at the wiki in Maxima helpful hints. (Maybe this could join the FAQ or become a tutorial when it grows up.)
- Try irc.freenode.net port 6667 channel #maxima as well (server may change to chat.freenode.net) Channel logs are available at http://rerun.lefant.net/~harald/maximalogs/.
- There is a Maxima wiki at the Ubuntu web site.
- Understanding Maxima: discussion of Maxima’s design, for beginners as well as advanced users.
- Maxima and Programming Languages: utilizing Maxima from scripts and external programs.
- Maxima references: References to books and articles which mention Maxima.
Maxima discussion and notes
- ECL port: building and running Maxima on ECL.
- Packages: A documentation effort of the share/contrib packages.
- External Packages: A brief comparison of two packages.
- Summer of Code: Maxima project proposals which might be funded by Google’s Summer of Code program.
- Design Notes: a wish list of design features that could appear in future versions of Maxima.
- GUI Design: a place for discussion about current and potential Maxima Graphical User Interfaces.
- Modified MT 19937 rng: modified version of rand-mt19937.lisp (from CMUCL). For the purpose of discussing random number generators for Maxima.
- Units package: A units package which separates units from quantities.
- Noninteractive mode: An attempt to work around
- Advice to developers: Unsolicited advice.
- Maxima ports: list of Lisp & operating system combinations which are known to run Maxima.
- Supporting arguments: arguments to support the use of Maxima vs other CAS eg. Maple, Mathematica ...
- Example of use, eg. in University and colleges to present living usage examples as references.
- Installation & Compilation: A quick guide of process to install and compile Maxima in Unix.
- Gallery : example plottings in Maxima
(If there is some other topic you’d like to see, go ahead and make a new page.)
Wiki user reference / editor guidelines
- To edit the Maxima Wiki pages, you should get account at SourceForge.net.
- See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents#For_editors.
- Do not submit copyrighted work without permission.
- Please, use copyleft for your submissions.