Don't hesitate to contribute your valuable images.
Informations about improving images or source code are wellcome.
Click on image to see description and source code
Forward orbit of critical point of complex quadratic polynomial tending to weakly attracting fixed point.
3D view of Julia set. Distribution of points of inverse orbit of crtitical point for complex quadratic polynomial.
Julia set and external rays landing on parabolic period 2-cycle
2D view of Julia set ( black points) and its critical orbit ( red points)
2D view of forward orbit of critical point of complex quadratic polynomial
Centers of 983 hyperbolic components of Mandelbrot set with respect to complex quadratic polynomial for period 1-10
Using draw package ( interface to Gnuplot) :
"This terminal is not directly supported by draw, but you can use the 'user_preamble' option to force output in svg format.
Here is an example:
draw2d(explicit(exp(x)-1,x,-1,1),user_preamble=["set terminal svg","set out 'mysvg.svg'"]);
But you have to add by hand svg at the end of the file. For some reason this mark is sent to the console and not to the svg file, at least for me." (Mario Rodriguez proposition in discussion about discrete dynamical system on the Maxima mailing list)
- Introduction to Dynamical Systems: A Hands-on Approach with Maxima. A free book by Jaime E. Villate, ISBN 972-99396-0-8, Porto, Portugal, 2007.
- Images made with draw package ( interface to Gnuplot)
- Wiki Commons Category : Created with Maxima software
- 49.1 Introduction to dynamics package
- Package fractals repository