Please note, this is an old version of the LibSBGN wiki. The current version can be found here.
About the LibSBGN Project
The main goal of the LibSBGN Project is to provide a standard electronic implementation for the Systems Biology Graphical Notation (SBGN).
Please also see the Release Notes
The SBGN-ML format
SBGN-ML is an XML-based file format dedicated to the description of SBGN maps.
For more information, refer to the page dedicated to this Exchange Format.
The LibSBGN library
LibSBGN is a library that deals with SBGN maps. It features:
- Reading / writing the SBGN-ML file format
- Validation (of semantical and syntactical correctness) See ValidationEntryPage
- Conversion to other formats such as SBML and BioPAX
- Support for at least Java and C++
LibSBGN and SBGN-ML are still in development. See SBGN-ML_Roadmap
- LibSBGN presentation at COMBINE 2010
- LibSBGN poster presented at COMBINE 2010 and ISCB 2010
- LibSBGN tutorial presented at HARMONY 2011
- LibSBGN status update presented at COMBINE 2011
... for tool developers
- Developer tutorial This is a tutorial for developers who want to add LibSBGN support to their tool.
- Java API Docs
... for LibSBGN developers
The LibSBGN Development Process
We hold semi-monthly online meetings. For information about past and future meetings, see: OnlineMeetings. For the latest information about upcoming meetings, please contact the mailing list. We also have live discussions bi-annually at COMBINE and HARMONY:
Implementation plan: SBGN-ML_Roadmap
The development of LibSBGN is articulated around a number of online tools (mostly hosted on SourceForge):
Some example files created with LibSBGN can be found here: SBGN-ML Example Files.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.