Talk:Waypoint queue mechanism
Comments from Lawrie
I don't understand what method the path planner has that causes it to start generating a path. What method of the path planner does the pose controller call? Does it have a goTo(Waypoint destination) method?
- Good question! I totally left that out. I was thinking on this for a bit while typing it up and then got sidetracked and forgot all about it. I updated the PathPlanner section with the appropriate methods. (note this doesn't require any changes to the code samples at the bottom) Bbagnall 20:49, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think combining adding the waypoint listener and specifying the start point and destination in one call is sensible.Lgriffiths 21:19, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
I am not sure how the user calling navigator.goTo(destination, planner) rather than planner.goTo(destination) meets the requirements.
- We didn't want PathPlanner to be a controller, we wanted PoseController (Navigator) to be the one instigating control. Is that what you mean by requirements? Bbagnall 20:49, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- I don't really see that this slight change in the way things are called achieves that. Lgriffiths 21:19, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- What do you think of the alternate one after it? Or if you have any other ideas feel free to suggest them. Bbagnall 03:00, 3 April 2010 (UTC)