|This plugin permits the interoperability between a LMS and Vanilla through LTI (http://imsglobal.org/lti).
The plugin LTI 1.0 certification was awarded in 29/08/2012 and has the registration number IMSB2Oa2012W2.
Vanilla provides hosted and open source community forum software that powers discussion forums on 535,531 sites. Built for flexibility and integration.
This Vanilla plugin is a LTI provider that permits a SSO from an external LMS LTI compliant to Vanilla. The SSO authenticates with the LMS user and creates, if necessary, user, category and discussion information in Vanilla.
Installation and configuration
- Copy the folder BLTIConnect to the plugins folder of Vanilla
- Log in as admin user,
- Enter the plugin section and enable it
- So that Vanilla works properly (using "pretty URLs"), it is necessary to enable the 'RewriteUrls' parameter in the file conf/config.php of Vanilla:
$Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;
- The plugin uses an Oauth signature. So that the signature validation it is done sucessfully, it is necessary to set the key and secret in the configuration file
p.e: in order to set as a consumer key "external", you have to put the following in the configuration file:
- Provider url configuration:Once the plugin is enabled, the endpoint url to access to the provider will be:
http://<server>/<vanilla app context>/index.php?p=/entry/signin
changing <server> and <vanilla app context> to your environment
Its behaviour can be customized thanks to the custom_gotocategory flag. If you add custom_gotocategory=1 to the blti request, you will go only to the category and not to the discussion