Welcome to KAGE: Alternative Game Engine, a 2D Game Development Kit.
KAGE is a Free Software and Open Source 2D Game Development Kit suitable for teaching 2D game programming.
It follows the Free Software's tradition of naming software in a mutually recursive manner. It is a mutually recursive acronym for KAGE: Alternative Game Engine, where the word KAGE also stands for KAGE Ain't Game Engine.
KAGE is really an alternative to other existing game development suite. And KAGE is technically not a game engine since it is a 2D Game Development Kit.
The whole project suite is developed and is being managed by Mj Mendoza IV.
This site contains the documentation of all projects that aim to ease out your 2D game development using:
- Quixie as your game engine.
- KonsolScript as your game programming language,
- KonsolScript Editor as your KS editing tool,
- MapBuilder as your KS map file generating tool with,
- EntityBuilder as your KS entity file generating tool and,
- BMP2KS as your image-script-integrating tool.
These whole suite of tools allows you to make KonsolScript games.
Game Programming with KonsolScript
- Key States
- Emulating Threads
- State Machine
Making Your Own Game
Using the Built-in Graphic Functions
- Making your own Pong
- Making your own Space Invader
- Making your own Street Fighter
- Making your own Mario
Using the Game Engine
- Making your own Battle City
- Making your own Final Fantasy