Note, the OpenJUMP wiki is from users for users and needs updates and improvements. Help for adding information but also to accomplish other things from documentation to programming is welcome (see Contact us).
OpenJUMP GIS - The free, cross-platform and open source GIS for the World
|About OpenJUMP||Get OpenJUMP|
|• What is OpenJUMP? (+)||• Downloading OpenJUMP|
|• Who uses OpenJUMP?||• Installation|
|Use OpenJUMP||Develop OpenJUMP|
|• Starting OpenJUMP for the first timers||• Translate OpenJUMP|
|• Using OpenJUMP (+)||• Developing with OpenJUMP (o)|
|• Online User Manual||• Contributors to OpenJUMP|
|• Plugins for OpenJUMP|
|• Contact us|
|• Related Websites and Blogs|
ToDo's: (o) cleanup, (+) write new/improve pages
- [8th Nov 2013] - Two new plugins for linear referencing
- [7th Nov 2013] - New version of the csv-driver (0.8) : please update
- [4th Nov 2013] - The new default-plugins.xml makes it possible to customize the whole menu without coding
- [3rd Aug 2013] - New driver to load OpenStreetMap *.osm files (download) (part of OpenJUMP PLUS from version 1.6.4 on) => see also Working with OpenStreetMap data
- [29th May 2013] - New release 1.6.3 is available (download)
- [23 April 2013] - New release 1.6.2 is available (download)
- [12 April 2013] - New bugfix release 1.6.1 fixing a startup issue on Mac and Linux is available (download)
- [11 April 2013] - New release 1.6.0 is available (download)
- [13 mar 2013] - Development snapshots now contain general shortcut support, shortcut overview is available under Help/Shortcuts
- [14 oct 2012] - New Beanshell Attribute Calculator (See a screencast)
- [18 Jun 2012] - New Concave Hull extension (more details)
- [18 May 2012] - New Release 1.5.2 is available (download)
- [16 Apr 2012] - Release of a new CSV driver (0.6) which replaces the txt driver currently included in PLUS edition
- [02 Feb 2012] - New Release 1.5.1 is available (download)
- [27 Nov 2011] - We are trying to get a Doc_Sprint organized for the first part of 2012.
- [26 Nov 2011] - New version of DB Query plugin 0.8 (more details)
- [11 Sep 2011] - New Release 1.4.2 is available (download)!
- [29 Jun 2011] - new Geometry Converter Extension version 0.3rc4 available
- [28 June 2011] - internationalized CTS extension (Coordinate transformation services) version 0.2 stable released
- [21 Aug 2010] - updated Coordinate transformation plugin (CTS extension) and revamped Live GPS support for serial devices (GPS extension) for OpenJUMP by Edgar Soldin available at The Jump Pilot Project download page.
- [07 Feb. 2010] - new SpatialLite plugin for OpenJUMP that allows to read SpatialLite layers. Note the new Version of the DB Query Plugin can read SpatialLite too. Jukka made a tutorial for this - see OpenJUMP with SpatialLite.
- Older News
Editing this Wiki
- you can edit this wiki: simply jumpin (pw) as ojuser2 (user)
- you can also create a new account - and then write an email to Stefan sstein[=at=] geo.uzh.ch so that he can assign you editing rights
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software. See also Configuration settings list
- here is a list of recent changes.