jGnucashLib is a java-library for working with the data-format used in the Gnucash -application.
Apart from reading and writing the file-format this library also offers many tools and helpers for automating often encountered tasks in accounting, data-import, data-export, taxes and custom financial reporting.
jGnucashLib makes heavy usage of the JSR223-Java-Scripting framework. This allows the experienced user complete freedom in automating any task that he can code in any of a wide list of supported scripting-languages.
- GnucashEditor - the GnucashEditor acts as a basic GUI that gets extended by the scripts and plugins
- HBCIScripting - the most important case: running scripts while importing transactions from your bank
- Scripting Guide - how to automate tasks
- Category:User-Scripts - scripts that people have written to automate tasks.
- Category:Script-Wishlist - future scripts and plugins requested by the people
- Plugin Writing Guide - how to extend the functionality of the basis jGnucashEditor
- Category:Plugins plugins that I (and hopefully soon other people) have written to automate tasks.
using the Gnucash-Viewer
The distribution includes a pure-java viewer for the gnucash-format.
You can e.g. put in onto your backup-dvds or hand it over with your gnucash-file for a tax-audit.
If can simply be started with:
java -jar gnucashlib_readonly.jar
java -jar gnucashlib_readonly.jar gnucashfile
With the viewer you can see the account-tree and all transactions but not modify anything.
You can also run some statistics in the "tax-report" -tab.
programming with jGnucashLib
JGnucashLib is a clean-room -implementation of the Gnucash file-format. It does not use any of the gnucash-code and thus is not bound by it's license.
The version you see here is distributed unter the terms of the GPL3 or any newer version of the GPL.