This page is to serve as a compilation of Supybot resources. Since the Supybot project is currently missing a website, and there's no telling when it will be reborn, we hope this page will serve as a temporary repository of helpful information for Supybot users.
Another good place to get help is on the #supybot channel on irc.freenode.net - stop by any time!
- There is documentation available in the docs directory of the supybot source tree. Follow that link, or grab the latest source code snapshot from the supybot git repository.
- The old plugin documentation that used to be hosted on the supybot webspace has been taken down for being too outdated. It is still useful, though, and has been asked for by many. Here are some links to a copy hosted on archive.org:
- Here's the latest archived version of the supybot.com website.
- There's a supybot user manual called supybook.
- The Supybot Install Guide is a detailed walkthrough for installing Supybot.
- The page Using Gribble on Sourceforge provides some generally useful information for using a configured supybot. (gribble is the #sourceforge supybot)
- The Supybot-fr wiki is a Supybot documentation hub in French.
- http://supybot.fr.cr/doc/ is the Limnoria documentation, but covers many of Supybot's stock plugins and conventions.
- A unofficial Supybot website.
There is a nice collection of plugins available in the stock supybot distribution, but there are many more sprinkled all over the web. Some links are listed below.
If a repository is not listed here, please let us know, or append it to the list yourself.
|stepnem||a bunch of old plugins||at GitHub||Many of them still in working condition.|
|jamessan||Debian||crawls the Debian packages||at GitHub and personal repository|
|Markov||AI / chatterbot using the Markov algorithm|
|mtughan||WunderWeather||Weather plugin using the Weather Underground API||at GitHub|
|fumanchu||Personality||AI / chatterbot||personnal website|
|SupyTrac||Interface to the Trac BTS|
|tjaustinbardo||ChannelSummer||plugin for Ubuntu channels||personnal website|
|many authors||More plugins, as well as a complete
selection of old supy plugins
|at GitHub and at cofeecode||Some might be deprecated|
|avassalotti||Lart, Score, Trivia||at Launchpad|
|jyio||Supybot-pandorabots||AI plugin using the Pandorabots API||at Launchpad|
|aafshar||supybot-external-control||out-of-band supybot control||at bitbucket|
|kenjie20||SupyTweet||Twitter plugin||at SourceForge|
|SteelSide||updated Quakenet plugin||tarball at dailyupload|
|bc||DNS||provides methods to make DNS queries about domain names.||at GitHub|
|Timebomb||the famous IRC timebomb game|
|LinkRelay||Advanced relay plugin|
|ProgVal||improved LinkRelay||at GitHub||Some of them do not work with stock Supybot (you need Limnoria to run them)|
|AttackProtector||Highly configurable flood punisher|
|Debian||Debian-related information gathering|
|GitHub||GitHub-related information gathering|
|SupySandbox||Allow anybody to run Python code safely|
|Trigger||Run command triggered by join/part/kick/whatever|
|Multiple accounts Twitter plugin|
|WebStats||HTTP server giving channel stats|
|WikiTrans||Translations based on Wikipedia inter-language links|
|nanotube||Conditional||Run a command only if the given condition is true||in the Gribble Project Git Repository|
|MessageParser||Run commands triggered by a regexp|
|BitcoinCentralMonitor||Bitcoin market information gathering||at Github|
|SpiderDave||NameDecoder||Cyborg, Monster, and Sexy names (Modified from old Cyborg plugin)||at GitHub|
|Geo||Geographical information from an ip address using GeoLite City.|
|Justintv||Check if a Justintv or Livestream channel is live.|
|Slap||Slap people with various random items|
|Superhero||Random superhero description|
|TMDb||Provides movie information from The open movie database|
|Undercut||Psychological number game|
|niko / ubottu project||spiffed up Channel plugin, a Quizz plugin, Hailo||at GitHub|
|Antibody__||SC2Streams||This plugin gives the bot the ability to list live streams from TeamLiquid's XML source.||at Github|
|Hoaas||DuckDuckGo, ImgGet, LastFM, Spotify, and many others.||at Github|
|buckket||Supytube||A plugin that announces information about YouTube links.||at Github||Improved version of the bnrubin one|
|veggiematts||Duckhunt||A duck hunt game||at GitHub|
|spline||WolframAlpha||Access to the Wolframalpha API (advanced online calculator)||at GitHub|
|UrbanDictionary||plugin for UrbanDictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com)||at GitHub|
|Weather||plugin for displaying weather and forecast data from Weather Underground (wunderground.com) API||at GitHub|
|Stock||plugin for displaying stock and financial information/quotes||at GitHub|
|Tweety||Twitter plugin for Twitter API v1.1||at GitHub|
- The Gribble Project Git Repository contains a number of modifications and enhancements to the supybot code.
- Some core modifications: https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-fr/ubuntu-bots/ubotufr
- Some core modifications, translation support, http server, and several other enhancements: https://github.com/ProgVal/Limnoria
If you know of good plugins or other resources not listed above, please let us know.
Sometimes there's just no substitute to having a web interface to some functions of the bot. The following is a list of available web interfaces we know about:
- The gribblewebsite repository in gribble git. See it in action here. Main attraction is the factoids db display. (Note that it is compatible with the modified factoids in the gribble git, not with the stock factoids in the supybot repo).
- Another factoids display page. See it in action here.
- The Ubottu project (ubuntu irc bot) also has a web interface. Code is here and you can see it in action here. Note that ubottu uses a heavily modified factoids plugin as well, so their stuff won't work with stock factoids plugin.
Resources, documentation, and examples on supybot internals. If you are just starting out and are looking for introductory material, first read the PLUGIN_TUTORIAL.rst document in the docs directory of the supybot source distribution. There are a number of other good docs in there as well, that you should strongly consider reading. :)
- Object documentation
- Topic documentation
If you discover more useful resources, please send me a message.
If you think you can contribute useful information and help make this resource even better (especially if you've done some supybot-related development), see how to join.
If you do decide to join us, see this Supybot Resources Contributor Guide, which will give you some guidelines on the style we use for the documentation.