Welcome to GpsMid Wiki
GpsMid is free and open-source software under GPLv2 license that gives you offline mobile navigation on your mobile device. It is an easy to use, easy to configure and easy to customize software on an open and free basis with the cc-licenced OpenStreetMap data. Free in this context means "no restrictions" - GpsMid is the full version of the software.
GpsMid is a software sibling, which consists of the J2ME software for your mobile (GpsMid, the actual navigation software) and a Java software for desktop PC (Windows, Linux, Mac and more) (Osm2GpsMid, that creates GpsMid midlets with customized map data).
This is the Wiki for both of those programs.
The old out of date GpsMid entry page is archived.
Content of the Wiki
- OSM2GpsMid building options (*.properties file)
- Style-File Gallery
- Elevation contour maps
- GeoCaching with GpsMid
- Feature wishlist
- Screenshot Gallery
- Use OpenCellID as locator
- i18n - Internationalization & localization
- Editing the Wiki
Editing OpenStreetMap with GpsMid
Source code / development
- Compiling from source
- GpsMid Internals - Developer documentation of the internal workings of GpsMid
- Test Plan
- Draftboard - space for discussion and ideas
- Patches for added functionality, bug fixes etc.
- Developers' page
- Making GpsMid run on other platforms (with bigger screen like Sony PSP, Nokia Maemo devices (n810,n900), WinCE)
- Some info on features of the CVS version - GpsMid in development 
- Self-signing Midlets