GEDCOM to KML.
This project started with the need to have a geographical view on a family tree. We wanted to be able to view on a map all family events from genealogical file. We wanted to be able to see event
- by century (XXI, XX, XIX, ...)
- by generation, starting at a given individual record
- in ascendants tree, a given individual record being the root.
Sample prototype, compiled with java 6.
- prototype works fine
- generated kml file can be shown in google earth (for example)
- Download the file gedcomtokml.jar from build folder.
- Run java -jar gedcomtokml.jar'