Welcome to FreeDict Wiki!
The wiki started on Oct 8 2008, as one of the apparent pioneers in the sector of SF Hosted Apps — we credit ourselves with helping to overcome some rather serious initial stumbling blocks.
After the conversion to TEI P5, the priorities should be:
- work on tightening the dictionary schemas,
- making the databases fully machine-readable,
- aligning the content of grammatical descriptions against a reference ontology.
Some of that may be communicated on the news pages, if we remember to use them...
The most frequently asked question is (let's say...): how can I access those dictionaries of yours?! Please see the relevant FAQ entry.
- FreeDict HOWTO (feel welcome to annotate it or use the talk pages for each chapter; it comes from the original, static HTML version)
- Freedict-beta – the project mailing list
- Any questions? Please put them down for the Frequently Asked Questions list (or mail us at FreeDict-beta or locally)
- The release page
- Publications and presentations concerning the project
- Adopt-a-dictionary – a new community programme for those who care about underfed dictionaries!
- To-Do list
Where else to go
- The FreeDict homepage, http://www.freedict.org/
- The SourceForge page, https://sourceforge.net/projects/freedict/
- The DICT wiki
- a very short list of DICT servers and clients (see the DICT wiki for more)
- The TEI Guidelines
Please bear in mind that our home page is located at freedict.org. We have no affiliation with sites represented by addresses with other suffixes. Some of them are meant to make a buck by luring people and showing them a lot of advertisements, but this is not our doing, this is just the nature of some humans.