|Draft -> Polygon|
The polygon tool creates a regular polygon by picking two points, the center and a second point defining a radius. It takes the linewidth and color previously set on the Tasks tab.
How to use
- Press the button, or press then keys
- Click a first point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate to indicate the center
- Adjust the desired number of sides in the options dialog,
- Click another point on the 3D view, or type a radius value to define the polygon radius. The polygon will also be a face, even if it appears as wireframe.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component.
- Press or click the checkbox to check/uncheck the button. If continue mode is on, the Polygon tool will restart after you finish or close it, allowing you to draw another one without pressing the Polygon button again.
- Press snapping your point to the nearest snap location, independently of the distance. while drawing to force
- Press constrain your next point horizontally or vertically in relation to the last one. while drawing to
- Press or the button to have the polygon to appear as a face after it has been closed. This simply sets the View->Property of the Rectangle to "Flat lines" or "Wireframe", so it can easily be changed later.
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
- : The radius of the defining circle
- : Specifies if the polygon is inscribed or circumscribed around the defining circle
- : The number of sides of the polygon
- : Specifies a curvature radius to give to the corners of the rectangle
The Polygon tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
makePolygon(nfaces,[radius],[inscribed],[placement],[face]) : Creates a polygon object with the given number of faces and the radius. If inscribed is False, the polygon is circumscribed around a circle with the given radius, otherwise it is inscribed. If face is True, the resulting shape is displayed as a face, otherwise as a wireframe. Returns the newly created object.
import Draft Draft.makePolygon(5,radius=3)