|Arch -> Section Plane|
This tool places in the current Document a section plane gizmo, which defines a section or view plane. The gizmo can be relocated and reoriented by moving and rotating it, until it describes the 2D view you want to obtain. The Section plane object will only consider objects that were selected when it got created. Objects can later be added or removed from a SectionPlane object with the Arch Add and Arch Remove tools.
Upon creation, SectionPlane objects also insert a view of themselves into the active Drawing page, or create a new page if none exist. You can also add views of Section planes directly in the document, by using the Draft Shape2DView tool with a section plane selected.
How to use
- Select objects you want to be included in your section view
- Press the button or press then keys
- Move/rotate the Section Plane into correct position
- Press the button to update the view
- With a section plane object selected, use the Draft Shape2DView tool to create a shape object representing the section view in the document
- : The size of the section plane gizmo in the 3D view
The Section Plane tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
makeSectionPlane ([objectslist]) : Creates a Section plane objects including the given objects.
import FreeCAD, Draft, Arch trace = Part.Line(FreeCAD.Vector (0, 0, 0),FreeCAD.Vector (2, 2, 0)) wall = Arch.makeWall(trace,width=0.1,height=1,align="Center") Arch.makeSectionPlane([wall])