Esdl was created to be used in Wings3D but in other projects as well.
SDL (and esdl) mainly does image blitting and input for games, if you want a gui which handles windows and widgets checkout wx included with erlang.
The current updated source code have moved to a git repository (currently) at http://github.com/dgud/esdl/tree/master
Download, build, and copy the contents to where you want it.
- Requires erlang R14B01 (R14B02 on MacOSX)
- Supports, but do not require, multithreaded erlang
- Removed OpenGL use wx for OpenGL which is included in the standard erlang package i.e. you can still use opengl with esdl but you will need to change the includes to wx/include/gl.hrl
Beware that some functions have changed return values and arguments
- Fixed some installer problems.
- Added glu:triangulate/2 since glu:tess* crashes for me on windows.
- A new version, mostly a cleanup for Erlang R13B and minor bugfixes and build fixes.
- Klas Johansson have added SDL_ttf and SDL_image but they are not enabled by default, see makefile.
- One year between each update, here comes the new version which should work with Erlang/Otp-R11B.
- I have also fixed some bugs, one 64 bits issue on 32 bits linux and a problem with glUniformXXv which didn't work at all in previous releases.
The latest src and a prebuilt windows version: Download
Either visit the Tracker or contact me directly at dgud-at-users-dot-sf-dot-net