|This wiki is being shut down, see en.wiki.emmabuntus.org|
The aim of this Xth GNU/Linux distribution:
These distributions claim to be simple, open and fair. They are the results of the humanitarian crossing the free culture, to build together distributions for everyone.
Emmabuntüs includes all the required softwares to quickly and smoothly familiarise yourself with GNU/Linux. The version is based on Ubuntu and includes the script "Équitable", meaning “fair”. It has been necessary to find a compromise to ease the access of the distributions for everyone. That’s why we have included some proprietary softwares like Skype while waiting for a better solution but still for novice users.
In order to enhance the navigation a Dock has been added. You can access to all the included softwares through this great tool.
- Distributions based on variants of Ubuntu LTS (Lucid Lynx - 10.04, Precise Pangolin - 12.04)
- Quick Setup Mode through automation scripts (preseed)
- Mode Live on DVD, USB (Multisystem, UNetbootin, USB-Creator)
- Install standalone without Internet, everything is in the distribution
- Installation or not non-free software (Flash Player, Codec, Skype, etc.)
- An additional 60 applications
- A dock allowing access to all applications
- 3 languages (English, French, and Spanish) supported in distributions
Contact us view this page
The distribution will soon have a younger sister (Lemmabuntüs) based on Lubuntu 10.04 LTS, dedicated to light computers with only 256 Mb of RAM and a older one (Ocarinabuntüs) based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS developped with the French history society Saint-George & Dalayrac (Csgd94120), for the research and education in social studies and with some others associations.
Comparing to others similar distributions, Emmabuntüs claims to be easier, more accessible and lighter. However, it offers a wide range of installed softwares and includes a large amount of humanitarian and free softwares/projects weblinks and documents.
The actual main features of Emmabuntüs are also linked to its birth context: This distribution is also used for upgrading old computers to serve humanitarian projects.
This distributions are very new, young but rely on the reliability of Ubuntu and Lubuntu LTS to offer a simple, pleaseant and easy to use environment.
Which version to choose?
Emmabuntüs 2 (12.04) LTS : Based on Xubuntu 12.04 LTS, it consists of the following software, see the list. For computers with at least a processor running at 1.4GHz with 384 Mb of RAM and 20Gb of free space for the installation.
See the release announcements :
- August 4th, 2012, the Emmabuntüs 2 continues its Free revolution ;-)
- July 14th, 2012, the Emmabuntüs 2 make its Free revolution ;-)
- June 6th, 2012, the Emmabuntüs 2 finally arrived
Emmabuntüs Equitable : For computers with at least a processor running at 1.4GHz with 512 Mb of RAM and 20Gb of free space for the installation.
Lemmabuntüs Equitable : For computers with at least a Pentium III running at 0.6GHz with 256 Mb of RAM and 10Gb of free space for the installation.
Ocarinabuntüs : For computers with at least a processor running at 1.4GHz with 512 Mb of RAM and 20Gb of free space for the installation.
Help for use the distributions
- How to recondition old Boxes with Emmabuntüs ?
- page of contact
Volunteers of the Emmabuntüs Team
These volunteers are taking or have taken part of the project to try to make changes happen:
This logo is a proposal for the logo of the Emmabuntüs distributions:
Here are the final logo of the Emmabuntüs distributions: