Welcome to the DVBStreamer Wiki
Here you'll find information for users and developers of DVBStreamer.
- 20th April 2010 - Release candidate for Version 2.0.0 released.
- Release candidate includes
- New filtering engine
- DSMCC Download (Needs more work but has been tested on Freesat/Freeview in the UK)
- Freesat EPG support.
- I've also release version 0.1 of the new python bindings for dvbstreamer which include a new app to download EPG data to xmltv format.
- 2nd October 2009 - Version 1.2 released.
- New release includes
- Fix for problems when compiling with only DVB or ATSC enabled.
- Fixes issue with ATSC EPG showing the wrong channel names.
- Fixes issue with the wrong start/end time for DVB EPG.
- Version 2 is still progressing with a re-write of the transport stream filtering component, which should make the rest of the code a lot simpler and better support devices with a limited number of PID filters.
- 26th January 2009 - Livepause
- This is just a quick note to say that I've been working on a new companion app to dvbstreamer, livepause. Basically this app handles the details of buffering a single program transport stream (from DVBStreamer say) or a program stream (from a PVR card) and then serving the buffered data over HTTP or raw TCP to a media player, like xine or vlc.
- The intention is for this to replace a large chunk of python code I wrote for freevo, as the python code used way too much CPU.
- 19th November 2008 - Version 1.1 released.
- New release to fix problems compiling under Ubuntu 8.10, no major changes as I'm now working towards 2.0 so further 1.x release will be bug fixes only.
- 2.0 is coming on along nicely and hopefully should be ready for release sometime early next year. The main changes will be:
- A cleaned up command interface (ie always need quotes when selecting a service with spacesin rather than some commands needing it and others not)
- Scan integrated into DVBStreamer so no need to generate a channels.conf and then use setupdvbstreamer any more.
- Ability to send the output of multiple filters to the same destination, by using a new mrl (output://<name>)
- New properties interface to allow access to internal settings of DVBStreamer with a nicer programming interface than the current 'vars'
- Moving EPG capture into a separate app to allow it to be shared by multiple DVBStreamer instance, and of course only be load if you want to use it.
- Much improved support for USB 1.1 devices (auto detects them and switches to hardware restricted mode instead of full TS mode).
- 26th June 2008 - Version 1.0 finally released.
- Been a long time coming but this release has had a large number of bug fixes (thanks to all who submitted bug reports) as well as 2 new features.
- The first new feature is a traffic monitoring plugin to show bandwidth used by different PIDs.
- The second feature is a new event framework that expose internal events like multiplex changed, primary service changed, service additions/removals and frontend locked/unlocked.
Now to start thinking about what 2.0 should look like..... --AdamCharrett 05:19, 26 June 2008 (PDT)
DVBStreamer now has a blog to update you on my oh so important thoughts for the moment.... DVBStreamer Blog