Revision as of 01:20, 9 May 2009 by Rchute
Why JPEG 2000?
- State-of-the-art compression techniques based on wavelet technology.
- Open Standard Specification
- License-Free: Implementable without payment of royalty and license fees.
- Compression: Mathematically Lossless, Visually Lossless, & Lossy
- Superior compression performance
- Multiple resolution representation
- Random code-stream access and processing
- Rich Metadata Support
- Scalable: Multiple versions can be extracted from a single compressed file.