SDK Compilation and Installation
Requirements and suggestions
- Ridgerun's SDK is currently available only for 32 bits architectures (extension for 64 bits architecture is in process).
- This tutorial is meant for Ubuntu 9.04 or above users. Otherwise problems not contemplated in this document may occur.
- If user has no writing privileges in /opt directory, refer to this section: /opt directory privileges
Note: The SDK used is Ridgerun's SDK (OMAPL138 Evaluation SDK), you can download Ridgerun download center
1. Install SDK for OMAPL138
2. If you don't have permissions to execute this file, change its mode by typing
#sudo chmod 777 OMAPL138SDK-835802-Linux-x86-Install.bin
And repeat step 1.
3. If computer has multiple users installation might fail with the following message Error in action UnpackStoreFile: couldn't open "/tmp/License.txt": permission denied. Remove License.txt by typing
#sudo rm /tmp/License.txt
And repeat step 1.
4. Go to created directory and type
5. This will list the dependencies that you have installed and not installed in your computer. Install the missing ones by typing
#sudo apt-get install dependencies_name
6. When all dependencies are installed you will enter RidgeRun SDK Configuration. Leave default settings and choose exit.
7. Besides these dependencies other applications are required. Install the following list of packages.
8. Download TI's OMAP-L138 Arm Products
Note: You will has to create a user account on TI's page in order to download these packages.
9. Check download files permissions, you can do it by typing in the directory
#stat -c %A packages_name
If the first digit is 5 or 7 then you can go to step 10, if not type
#sudo chmod 777 packages_name
10. Download and configure a TFTP server.
11. Compile SDK by typing
12. When compilation asks for a username to search in TI's repository type
Username: anonymous password: (leave blank)
13. If process is finished and build complete is displayed you are ready to install SDK on EVM. Proceed to [Installing|install].
If an error has occurred refer to the troubleshoot section.