Welcome to the world of CRRCsim!
|Crrcsim is a model-airplane flight simulation program. Using it, you can learn how to fly model aircraft, test new aircraft designs, and improve your skills by practicing on your computer.|
It rules! The flight model is very realistic. The flight model parameters are calculated based on a 3D representation of the aircraft. Stalls are properly modelled as well. Model control is possible with your own rc transmitter, or any input device such as joystick, mouse, keyboard ...
- Open source
- Runs on GNU/Linux, Mac OSX (ppc and rosetta compatible) and Windows (98/2000/XP)
- 3D representation of the aircraft
- Very realistic flight model
- Powered models and gliders, helicopter and multicopter
- Side arm launch
- Nice graphics if you have a 3D accelerator card
- Great variety of how to control the model:
- Use your R/C transmitter (connected to the parallel port, to the serial port via an "FMS PIC"-style cable or simply to your sound card's audio input)
- For developers and scientific use: modular architecture to allow simulation without GUI, use input from datafiles instead of joystick, easily implement new control loops/autopilots (currently heavily used with multicopters)