Welcome! to CppUnit Wiki.
Notes: this wiki as been recently (December 2008) resurected from an old backup, so some information may be out of date. You can check the wayback machine for a more recent backup and help merging missing change into this wiki.
What is CppUnit?
CppUnit is a C++ unit testing framework. It started its life as a port of JUnit to C++ by Michael Feathers. For a quick tour of unit testing with CppUnit, see the Cookbook in the latest documentation. For an introduction to unit testing, see [UnitTest], [ProgrammerTest], and [CodeUnitTestFirst] at the [wiki:Wiki:FrontPage C2.com wiki].
- XML output with hooks for additional data (XSL format avaliable in release 1.10.2 needs some FiXing)
- Compiler-like text output to integrate with an IDE
- Helper macros for easier test suite declaration
- Hierarchical test fixture support
- Test registry to reduce recompilation need
- Test plug-in for faster compile/test cycle (self testable dynamic library)
- Protector to encapsulate test execution (allow capture of exception not derived from std::exception)
- QtTestRunner, a Qt based graphic test runner
Features available in the patch section of SourceForgeProject:
- BuildingCppUnit1 (platform-specific build instructions contributed by users)
- Discussion Forums: Help
- Discussion Forums: Open Discussion
- FrequentlyAskedQuestions - Frequently Asked Questions (answers always needed!)
User documentation for CppUnit:
- Using CppUnit's MFCTestRunner with VS 6.0 Guide to getting MfcTestRunner working with VS6. It has images similar to those in the German document below, but they are from an English version of VS6.
- Tips on setting up CppUnit with VC++ 6 Images are in German, but helpful to non-German speakers anyway.
- Simplified Chinese Document on CppUnit Source Code Analysis 
- A CppUnit "Hello, world!" : 
- Step by step instructions on how to build CppUnit with Eclipse and CDT: CppUnitWithEclipse.
It is recommended to download the latest stable version 1.12.1. You can find it on the SourceForge download page. Notice: development snapshots have been moved from the web page to the download page for better visibility and easier access.
Link to CppUnit 1.12.1 download source tarball.
Link to the CVS What's News file.
You can get the most recent source from the Subversion repository:
CppUnit 2 has been moved to Launchpad.
The documents below are mostly obsolete, though they provide a rough idea of the vision.
- irc://irc.freenode.org/cppunit/, An IRC channel to discuss CppUnit and get help.