Starts the a new cluster; returns corresponding cluster identifier as its output.
Extra options :
- --instance-type=< EC2 instance type : 'c1.xlarge' or 'm1.large', for example >
- To see the difference among available instance types check http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types. Note : CloudFlu works only with 64 bit instance types.
- --image-id=< Amazon EC2 AMI ID >
- Image contains as operation system as pre-installed software packages necessary to run OpenFOAM (R) use cases. Note : different images are responsible for representation of different OpenFOAM (R) versions; check your preferences file to choose the proper one.
- --number-nodes=< number of cluster nodes >
- Actually it is most crucial cluster configuration parameter; user need to make some estimations before assign a value. Important : increasing number of cluster nodes does not directly lead to increasing performance; case partitioning need to be balanced between cluster node performance and the cost of inter-node data exchange. (We will be glad if you share with us your experience on this account to give us some direction and rules on how to estimate the number of cluster nodes in a formal way).
Usage example : cloudflu-cluster-start --instance-type='c1.xlarge' --image-id='ami-ecf50385' --number-nodes=8