Welcome to BrikWars for PC!
This is the home page for a free, open-source computer game for Windows (released under the GPL Licence) based on the BrikWars wargame (www.brikwars.com).
Download & Installation
To install the game:
- Download and install .Net 3.5 runtime and XNA 3.0 runtime
- Click here to download the game
- Unzip the package using your favourite unzip tool
- Run brikwars.exe to play the game.
- Click here for the User Guide.
You can currently download a fully playable game, although it's early in it's development. Full source code is also available under GPL if you are interesting in working with us to extend the game.
- Turn-based strategy game, with battles based on the BrikWars rules
- Army editor that lets you create your own armies with different completely customisable unit models, stats and weapons
- - Create custom units from different body parts
- - Create custom vehicles and other machines from LDraw models
- Scenario editor that lets you create your own battlefield
- Play single-player skirmishes against the computer
- Play multi-player skirmishes against up to 3 other players across a LAN.
Windows XP or Vista 32-bit
DirectX 9 compatible graphics card that supports Shader Model 2.0.
.Net 3.5 and XNA 3.0 runtime components also need to be installed before you can play the game.
If you are having a problem during installation of .Net/XNA runtime, try the following:
- Try to manually uninstall older versions of .Net 2.x. The new .Net 3.5 installation will try to upgrade them, and fail if they cannot be uninstalled.
- Try turning on Automatic Updates in Windows. This is recommended by Microsoft when upgrading .Net.
Please post on our forums if you have any other questions: BrikWars Forums
In addition to the BrikWars ruleset, available at www.brikwars.com, BrikWars uses the open-source LXDNA and Lidgren libraries and 3d models from LDraw.org.
Hope you enjoy the game!