Welcome to BlueObelisk.org
The Internet has brought together a group of chemists/programmers/informaticians who are driven by wanting to do things better, but are frustrated with the Closed systems that chemists currently have to work with. They share a belief in the concepts of Open Data, Open Standards and Open Source (ODOSOS) (but not necessarily Open Access). And they express this in code, data, algorithms, specifications, tutorials, demonstrations, articles and anything that helps get the message across.
- Members — Who we are (and how to join)
- Activities — What we are doing
- Mailing List — Ask a question, keep up to date, or get involved
- Blue Obelisk eXchange — Ask a question, read answers
- Blue Obelisk Blogs — Member's blogs
- Blue Obelisk Meetings — Come to a meeting
- Blue Obelisk Awards
Links to other resources of interest can be found here.
For more information, see:
- The Blue Obelisk, CDK News, 2005, 2, 43-46,
- The Blue Obelisk - Interoperability in Chemical Informatics, J. Chem. Inf. Model., 2006, 46, 991-998, and
- Open Data, Open Source and Open Standards in chemistry: The Blue Obelisk five years on, J. Cheminformatics, 2011, 3, 37.