Welcome to the BackupPC Wiki!
BackupPC is a high-performance, enterprise-grade system for backing up Linux, Windows, and MacOS-X PCs and laptops to a server's disk. BackupPC runs on a Linux Server and requires a web server (preferably apache). BackupPC is highly configurable and easy to install and maintain. As of 2011-03-31, the current stable release is 3.2.0 and the current development release is 3.2.0beta1.
Your first stop should be the Official BackupPC documentation. This wiki contains additional, supplemental, community-driven setup, configuration, and support information. here.
Official BackupPC wik/web pages
- Official BackupPC documentation.
- End user orriented project home page
- BackupPC SourceForge project page (more developer orriented)
BackupPC developer/documentor info
BackupPC Troubleshooting / Setup
BackupPC General Setup
- Unix distributions that include backuppc
- Infrastructure Ideas – hardware/software requirements of BackupPC
- Off Topic useful but not directly related, for example pros/cons of installing from source vs a package.
- User scripts
BackupPC administration / maintenance
- Tips and Tricks (quite a lot here, should be integrated into this TOC)
Backup Specific platform setup
- Install Backuppc with Lighttpd
- Sonora Communications Guide for SMEserver
- BackupPC on AFS file system
- The BackupPC irc channel is #backuppc on Freenode.