This is the main page of the AnkonHippo Project.
Ankonhippo is a Dynamic multi-channel multi-taxonomy W3c standard compliant Content Management System with distributed editing and streaming support developed with XML/XSL and Java technologies (based upon HippoCMS).
Brief Description and freatures
This software was born as customization of the open source project [HippoCMS 6] and it extends that one with functions that allow multiple sites content editing and over different navigation paths inside a specific one.
It's fully W3C standard compliant, so it cares of web accessibility.
It has a built-in Workflow engine ready for distributed editing, multi-language and multi-taxonomy management.
Publishing templates and navigation paths management is completely done through web interface.
AnkonHippo is based upon the famous [Apache Cocoon Project], so it uses XML/XSL and Java technologies to produce content from xml code.
The system is made of 3 parts:
- CMS Engine: interface for users and web developers to manage datas and repository configurations.
- Repository: it stores all the documents, attachments and configurations.
- Publishing Component: it produces the multi-site and multi-channel contents (xhtml, rss, pdf, text, etc..) using configuration and templates founded directly on the repository.
Note: the repository actually uses [Postgres SQL] as database engine, but it has no binding with this RDBMS engine.
- How to install form Binaries (Italiano / English (currently missing))
- Hot to Build AnkonHippo from scratch (Italiano / English (not complete))