- Minor fixes and polished interface (removed all references to the non-existing server-functionalities)
- Development ceased
- Russian translation by Dmitry
- The project has been revived lately. As a first start it was recompiled using MSVC 2008.
- Then some minor bugfixes were implemented. The programm runs nicely except some known flaws. Especially the server feature is sadly not working (and was not working for a long time). See the sourceforge bugtracker for details.
- Also some languages were added.
- Everything except the Unicode version was removed and the installation procedure reworked.
- All in all this is a minor release to fix some small things and to show that the project is alive again.
- Bugfix: The program crashed when pressing the hot key option. Fixed
- Bugfix: When setting the alarm, you could only set the date and not the time. Fixed.
- Bugfix: When changing the title, the focus was accidently moved to the OK-button. It's moved to the textbox again.
- Added backup-support. Every time A Note starts, the notes will be saved in a backup-folder. The user can select which charset to be used in the slided title (usefull when writing ie chinease letters)
- Added UNICODE-support.
- Changed the project to Visual Studio 7 (to enable unicode)
- When the title won't fit because the note is too small, the title will be ie. (Note from m...)
- The alarm-button will not be shown when the notes are slided to the side
- Bugfix: When the note was docked on one side and slided on the other side when saving, the note would appear docked on the first side when opening A Note. But the note was slided on the other side when saving. This is fixed.
- Bugfix: In version 4.1 the alarm-button was accidently not visible when setting an alarm. Fixed now.
- Bugfix: Some of the toolbar-buttons wasn't painted correctly. Fixed.
- Bugfix: The up and down-buttons in the toolbar-options was not translated. Fixed.
- Bugfix: If the user didn't want to upload the notes to the server automatically via a setting. This setting made it impossible to upload even if the user selected this via the popup-menu. The menuitem should override any settings. Fixed.
- Bugfix: The popup-menu that appeard when clicking on the titlebar was never translated. Fixed. (thanks Leif)
- LANGUAGE: Added Germany, Spanish, French, Hungary, Catalan, English (editable)
- Moved around a bit in the options-dialog. The user can select what will happend when pressing only one time on the tray icon with the left mouse-button. Either a new note will appear or all notes will either be hidden or shown. If the screen resolution changes the notes will move accordingly.
- The FAQ received a grammar and spelling check. Thanks Kristin.
- Added Strikeout as a toolbar-button Clicking on the alarm-button will show the alarm-dialog (if not the alarm is shouting, then you will see the snooze/turn off dialog).
- The readable text (not RTF) is sent to the server. In case we want to read the note's either in a cell-phone or on the web. But that is to come, but I have merely added this possibillity now.
- Added language support. Right now only Swedish and English is supported. The user can however easily change or add new languages.
- The silded notes will have the same amount of translucensy as if they were minimized.
- The toolbar-buttons can be position where you like it to.
- Bugfix: Sometime when creating a new note, the new note received wrong note-id, causing the new note to disappear when exit the program.
- Bugfix: When locking the computer with Ctrl+Alt+Del the slided notes rezised strangly. Fixed
- Bugfix: When sliding the notes to the side, the height of the slide was the same height as the note is in normal mode, but instead it should be the height of the title's text plus 30 pixels.
- Bugfix: This shift-delete feature only worked sometimes. Now fixed.
- When the notes are deleted they will be saved in a new file. By selecting 'Recycle bin' from the tray-menu, you will be able to view the deleted notes and either permanently delete them or restore them.
- In the options menu one can set how many deleted notes that will be saved and how they will be sorted. When deleting notes the note will NOT be saved if the use presses the shift-key at the same time.
- It can be set in the options - database that the program won't start downloading the notes immediately. This feature can be nice to use when it takes some time before you have an internet connection.
- The note popup-menu works on the title aswell
- You can check if any newer version exists from the tray-menu
- Changed the layout of the close, minimize and bullet buttons
- The user can select which toolbar button that should be visible
- The notes can be slided to the right or left (via toolbar-button)
- Bugfix: The value in the registry for move the mouse when minimizing the notes has been fixed.
- Added documentation to create and use a note-server of your own. (see Server Documents)
- The program have much more stability with more try and catch-code.
- An errorlog has been added. So when a problem occur a log will be created for that in the application data folder.
- Bugfix: When alter the default server the settings wasn't saved.
- Bugfix: The program will read the notes that are saved on disk. This has been a huge bug and is now fixed
Bugfix: The notes can be uploaded to the server again.
Bugfix: The transparancy didn't remembered it state when program was restarted.
- By pressing the bullet-button, the text in the note can be bulleted.
- The data will be saved in the user's application path (i.e c:\documents and settings\user\application data\a note)
- The user can set which server the notes will be uploaded to. In that way an own server can be used
- It can be set wether the cursor should move to the minimize-button when the notes are minimized.
- The user can read the FAQ from the A Note menu.
- Bugfix: When A Note started any minimized note would make the cursor to jump around. This is fixed now.
Hot Keys can be set. When a hot key is set the user can create a new note by pressing i.e. CTRL + ALT + N. Naturally the user can set what keys that should be hot keys.
- It can be set what will happend when doubleclicking on the titlebar. Either the user can set the titel or the note will be restored/minimized
- All notes that are minimized can be automatically restored in one way, via a menuitem.
- The notes on the server can now be deleted by the user (in the options menu).
- Added two transparancy-modes. One when the notes are in normal mode and one when the notes are minimized but still visible. This feature can be set in the options-menu.
- %time% and %date% can be set as default title in the options. If you set 'Note created %time%' it would be 'Note created 13:40:00'
- You can set the note's default color in the options
- The user can set where any newly created note should appear and if they should be docked
- Transparancy is set at 0% as default. (instead of 30%)
- Send bug/feedback via email from the popup menu in the tray
- Added possibillity to count the user who checks which version they have. Used only for statistic to know the total number of users of A Note
- Bugfix: By accident a file 'c:\e.txt' will be created in version 1.2. This has been removed now
- Made the email in the registration optional
- Removed several message boxes that the user wouldn't understand the meaning of
- More in FAQ
- New notes will always be docked in the lower right corner
- Default Font can be set in the options menu. The default font will be used when the user creates a new note
- Bugfix: When notes isn't visible when minimize sometimes they didn't appear right when A Note started (thanks Leonardo Zide (lmz))
- When docked at bottom and typing the note will move up so that the bottom is always docked.
- When docked at bottom and pressing minimize or restore the mouse cursor will always stay on the minimize-button. In that way you can have a note minimized and with two fast click you can see the note and then "hide" it again.
- Bugfix: Upload notes when Windows closes is working now
- Save the notes as xml and NOT as a binary coded tno-file
- Nicer docking features when docking on the bottom and pressing restore and minimize button
- When all notes are minimized the 'minimize all'-menuitem is grayed
- Visit A Note's homepage will go to a-note.sourceforge.net and NOT sourceforge.net/projects/a-note/
- When found a new version, the user will be prompted if the program should visit A Note's webpage for downloading the new version
- Added a FAQ
- Changed this file to html instead of txt-file
- Bugfix: When changing titel via the popup-menu the titelcolor became white.
- Bugfix: Strange docking behaviour. The note remembered the docking point after mouse button was released.
- Bugfix: The m_iNoteVersion was increased everytime the xml-file was saved, and it should only be increased once aday
- A new browser is opened when clicking on 'Visit A Note's website'
- Changed some error notes. Hopefully you will never see them :)
- First run time, the user can select if the new version check should be active or not
- Upload and download is working
- Changed some of the help texts (to better English)
- Bugfix 'Minimize all' will not toggle anymore
- Bugfix: The notes can be put in lower left corner without any problems
- Bugfix: Options -> Looks -> Minimize text is now fully visible
Added options if the program should check for newer versions