FlexPMD uses a part of [ PMD], its Java well known counterpart.
FlexPMD is a tool that helps to improve code quality by auditing any AS3/Flex source directory and detecting common bad practices, such as:
- Unused code (functions, variables, constants, etc.)
- Inefficient code (misuse of dynamic filters, heavy constructors, etc.)
- Over-complex code (nested loops, too many conditionals, etc.)
- Over-long code (classes, methods, etc.)
- Incorrect use of the Flex component lifecycle (commitProperties, etc.)
A report is produced describing the violations of a given rule set. FlexPMD includes a rule set that is broad ranging and continually growing. It is also straightforward to create new rules and users are encouraged to do so.
To know more visit following links:
(above link captures known issues, how to get involved and where to download the code)